Sunday 7 December 2014

Mary Ann Addison

Mary Ann Addison
Mary Ann was the oldest child of 6.  The daughter of William Addison and his wife Sarah formerly Carr.  Mary Ann was born in 1871.  I didn't know about Mary Ann when I fist started researching the Addison family. 

My Great-grandmother was the youngest child born in 1884.  And the only other girl in the family all the others were boys.  From the 1881 census there was William, Charles, George only with their parents.
By the next census in 1891 the father William had died and showed 2 more children.  Fanny my Gt-grandmother and Oliver born 1881. 

Only found Mary Ann after started research done on the Carr family.  She was with her grandparents the Carrs at most of the censuses.  But they lived very near to the Addison family sometimes only a couple of doors away.
Then I checked the birth indexes and got the certificate for Mary Ann. 
Always worth checking for other members of the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment